Can You Work On Disability And Not Lose All Your Hard-Won Benefits?
Updated June 30, 2017
Can you work on Disability? The short answer is yes. The thing is, you've worked so hard to get what you have, you don't want to do anything that would jeopardize your current Disability benefits.
Naturally, you have questions in addition to the basic one of, "Can I work while on Social Security Disability?"
- How much can I earn without losing my Disability income?
- Am I mentally able to survive in a work environment?
- Am I physically able to hold a job outside my home?
- Am I able to work full-time or only part-time?
- Do work-at-home jobs qualify?
Many questions are answered by the Ticket To Work Program, which the Social Security Administration describes as follows:
"The Ticket To Work Program can help Social Security beneficiaries go to work, get a good job that may lead to a career, save more money, and become financially independent, all while they keep their health coverage. Ticket to Work is a free and voluntary program that gives beneficiaries real choices that can help them create and lead better lives. Individuals who receive Social Security benefits because of a disability probably already qualify for the program."
The idea of the Ticket program is to help you reduce your dependence on SSI and SSDI. With an earning limit of about $900 a month, nobody is going to become independently wealthy while staying on Disability.
You need to earn a LOT of money to get off Disability, but it can be done. See the inspiring story about Jon Morrow, the brilliant star of the blogosphere.
Even if you don't earn enough to become rich enough to leave SSDI, it's worth it to be able to earn a few extra bucks to ease the pain and give your self-worth a boost. You don't have to be enrolled in the Ticket To Work Program to do this. Learn more:
- Ticket To Work Program Pros And Cons
- Online Work At Home Business Opportunities
- Work From Home Online Business
- Disability Digest Referral Partner Program
- DSD Drop Shipping Online Home Business
- Genuine Mystery Shopping Opportunities
- Earn Extra Cash Writing For Ability Mission
- The Science Of Getting Rich And It Works!
These are all legitimate proven opportunities for disabled folks showing that you really can work on disability. Check them out for yourself.
So, can you work on Disability? If you are mentally and physically able, there are many opportunities open to you. If you need some assistance, we can help, so...
If you click that link above, you'll have access to our free Disability Help Guide. It takes you step by step through the process of getting help.
Of course, you have to make an effort, but in the end it will be worth it. At least that is what these folks say.