Disability Grants For PTSD Afflicted Sophia And Autistic Son To Live In Safety And Security
by Sophia Chain
(Woodbridge, NJ, USA)
My name is Sophia. I'm a 45-year-old single mom. I live in a housing development apartment building that is going to be torn down very soon.
PTSD Afflicted Sophia And Autistic Son Want To Live In Safety And Security
My son, who has autism, will be nine years old next August. He has elopement issues and runs away if I let his hand go for a second.
My street is very busy. It's between two major highways. There isn't an enclosed play area or backyard. I don't allow him to go outside to play because it's not safe.
I would love to move into a home that has an enclosed backyard where my son can play safely.Disability Issues
In 1990, my former boyfriend assaulted me. He hit me in the head with a hammer. I received over fifty stitches.
From this injury, I suffer from severe headaches, and I have difficulty understanding and remembering things.
I have been diagnosed with PTSD, bipolar disorder, major depressive disorder, anxiety and panic attacks, insomnia, fibroid tumors, hernia, endometriosis, hypothyroidism, pre-diabetes, sciatica and tendonitis.
I have a strong history of breast and colon cancer. I lost two sisters to breast cancer and a brother to colon cancer. I had a brother who committed suicide.
I am severely depressed. I have no one to talk to, or to help me with my disabled son.
I need out-of-pocket assistance for dental, vision and medical services that I cannot otherwise afford.
I have incurred a lot of out-of-pocket medical expenses due to several doctors I'm seeing.
I need multiple surgeries, which I cannot afford.
I need medication for the tremendous amount of pain I'm in every day.Income Efforts
I was awarded Social Security Disability, which pays me $1,026. It also includes an added amount of $436 for my son. I will be able to make a separate claim for him when he is older.
I receive court-ordered child support of $416 monthly.
I don't have family or friends, so there are no potential sources of income there.Specific Needs
I would like information on:
- Dental and Vision Grants
- Section 8, and Rent to Own Home
- Help me to take better care of myself, so I can get healthy, and be a better mom to my son.
- Assistance with my son. It's very hard raising a child with Autism alone with no assistance.
- A service dog for companionship for my son and that will help with his elopement issues.
- Get Speech and Occupational Therapy for my son.
- Get a Mentor or a Big Brother for my son.
- Get him therapy so he can learn how to play and socialize with others.
- Teach him coping skills. So when he gets angry he will know how to express himself without violence and destruction of property.
- I need mental help options, coping techniques, parenting and stress relief classes.Business Idea
I would like a business to help others like me: domestic violence victims, parents who are disabled and who have disabled children, those needing healthcare, childcare, respite and support groups.