Header for Ability Mission

Grant For Bipolar Cerebral Palsied Latasha To Rebuild Life With Schooling

by Latasha Noel
(Jennings, Louisiana, USA)

Hello. My name is Latasha Noel. I live in Louisiana. I am a single 26-year-old female.

I am a mother of many, but I currently only have one child that lives with me. He is two years old.

1. Free Advocacy Help
Get a real disability advocate working for you all at no cost to you. (...more)
2. Grant Search Online
Find grants online more easily. Search a huge database of top resources. (...more)

Disability Issues

I was born with cerebral palsy. I was also diagnosed with bipolar depression at a very young age.

Having these disabilities affects my balance and my ability to work.

Financial Hardship

I receive Social Security Disability income of $720 a month. It is not much to live on especially when having to supply for a toddler and myself.

Because of that, I struggle to pay for normal household supplies. I also struggle with transportation.

I am unable to pay for the repairs that my vehicle needs such as: replacing the headlights, oil change, power steering fluid, changing the breaks and buying four new tires.

Income Efforts

I have tried to get work-at-home jobs but I got scammed out of money that I could not afford to lose.

I would apply for a job but I am physically unable to handle being on my feet for a long period of time. I also lack education and experience and I am unable to find/afford childcare.

I have call 232-help many times, but the churches and other organizations that the operators referred me to stated that they do not have the funds to help me.

I have applied for section eight and other low-income housing programs, but they have not contacted me and when I try to get information they are unable to answer my questions.

Specific Needs

I would really like to attend school out of state at Florida Keys Community College and live on campus. For that reason I would like to receive a grant for my tuition, on-campus housing, car repairs and also to help me with childcare.

Click here to post comments

Return to US Louisiana.