Header for Ability Mission

47 Year Old Separated Single Mother Seeks Housing Grant To Live In Peace

by Magaline
(Laurinburg, NC, USA)

My name is Magaline. I am 47 years old, female and separated with two children.

I was in an abusive relationship and I finally had to nerve to get out.

During the time I was with my husband I had some issue with my credit because my job started going bad.

I was then working a lot of short time at my job from 40 hours a week to 23 hours a week to off a week and on a week.

I need a grant to buy me a house because I do not have good credit plus I am living paycheck to paycheck.

When I pay my rent, I have no money left over to put gas in the car for work the next week. If it wasn't for my family and friends I would probably have to walk.

I do not have a disability therefore that grant I'm seeking is for a house to live in at peace.

I only make $8.62 an hour and my rent is $345 a month. I bring home $429 every two weeks.

My light bill ranges from $260 to $320 a month and I also have a water bill that's about $60 a month.

I work a full-time job doing 40 hours a week. I'm making $8.62 an hour and I get paid every two weeks. Net pay is $429 every two weeks.

I am looking for a grant to buy a house or manufactured home. I do not want a business grant I want a housing grant.

Comments for 47 Year Old Separated Single Mother Seeks Housing Grant To Live In Peace

Average Rating starstarstarstarstar

Click here to add your own comments

Sep 24, 2011
Housing grants
by: Ken

Hi Magaline,
I have searched for housing grants for single mothers, but I couldn't really find one. Grants are really few and far away. You may be able to find a rent to own property. Here is an address that you could copy and paste to your browser. http://www.irenttoown.com/Laurinburg-North-Carolina
Have you posted your resume with Monster.com or Workopolis.com, etc? If you are separated do you get child support? If you are not disabled or suffer from a mental illness, I just can't see where you can go. Sorry I could not find anything for you.
Good luck,

Click here to add your own comments

Return to US North Carolina.