Header for Ability Mission

Accident Disabled Married Man Seeks Grants For Schooling Or College Grants

by Robert Baize
(Arlington, WA, USA)

I am a 52-year-old accident disabled married man. I am looking for grants for schooling, college grants in fact. I'm also looking for a home business startup grant.

My wife works very hard as a data entry specialist, while I stay at home trying to do my part by taking care of the household bills.

1. Free Advocacy Help
Get a real disability advocate working for you all at no cost to you. (...more)
2. Grant Search Online
Find grants online more easily. Search a huge database of top resources. (...more)

Prior to the accident that disabled me, it was my honor to work as a counselor for combat veterans for close to 20 years.

I would provide much of my services at no charge as my way to give back to those who gave so much.

Many of my veterans lived with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. The classic approach to treatment for my veterans was medication, which focused on reducing symptoms but not actually treating the disorder.

I entered a doctoral program with the purpose of doing research on non-invasive treatment options in dealing with PTSD on a root cause or cell-based level.

While in the program I experienced a disabling and life-changing auto accident. I am now on total and permanent disability due to back, spine, and emotional issues secondary to chronic pain.

With no possibility of working, my income is fixed at what I get on disability.

I was asked what I was going to do about my program of finding a PTSD treatment option that addresses the root cause.

My desire is to finish my program because I believe I can discover a means to help those with PTSD regain their lives without being dependent upon increasing amounts of medication.

Student loans are no longer an option for education. My wife and I are doing everything possible simply to address normal family debts.

I periodically receive letters in the mail regarding old medical bills. While I was the victim of the accident, after attorney fees, the other person’s insurance did not even cover all my medical and therapy bills.

I am asking for assistance in two ways.

First, I am seeking grants for schooling, maybe one of those college grants that would permit me to finish my dissertation. I have approximately a year and half left in the process.

Second, I am looking for either a grant for a living stipend or a grant to start and grow a home-based business to help cover living expenses.

Prior to my accident I was working at least 2 jobs. I had my own business and was being a responsible citizen. Now, simply covering monthly expenses and bills is an extreme struggle.

I used to be able to handle stress easily. Now stress goes directly to the affected areas of my body causing great pain.

My wife works very hard and should not have to worry about household matters. She should especially not be forced to deal with my past bills.

I have struggled to advance myself and to do the right thing. Now I am being financially squeezed with past events.

I know it is my responsibility to address my obligations and pay the household bills. I see few options left to me other than to seek help.

I have helped many people for over 20 years. It is now my time to ask for help.

Thank you for any assistance you can provide in helping me get grants for schooling or college grants or a business startup grant or any business grant funding.

Comments for Accident Disabled Married Man Seeks Grants For Schooling Or College Grants

Average Rating starstarstarstarstar

Click here to add your own comments

Aug 08, 2012
Looking for you
by: Billie

Hi, it's been a while and I need your help. Joy is worried about you too. Wondering if you're still around and available. Trutazdragon account is how you can reach me or please call Joy.


Click here to add your own comments

Return to US Washington.