Header for Ability Mission

Degenerative Disc Disease Disabled Woman Seeks Grant For Depression Meds

by Malinda
(Killeen, TX, USA)

I'm a 56-year-old degenerative disc disease disabled single woman. I do have three kids, and I live with my daughter, and she has helped a lot.

Now, though, she is basically a single parent raising two children while her husband works and goes to school about three hours away. He just got out of the Military after serving eight years.

I currently have chronic pain syndrome with severe back pain from degenerative disc disease. It makes it hard to walk and at times I am unable to move easily without the assistance of a cane or walker.

I have a job, but I had to give up my hours due to my medical conditions.

I also have diabetes that started in 1999. Since then it's has gotten out of control since I cannot afford the test strips and medicines.

I've suffered from severe depression since 1975. It too is now out of control since I had to give up my meds that once controlled it. I'm looking at different meds to help with it.

Other things I'm suffering from include:
- hypertension since 1977
- GERD (Gastroesophageal reflux disease) since 1996
- high cholesterol since 1975
- currently being evaluated for Parkinson's

I have a very hard time getting my medicines due to the decrease in my work hours. This has become a major issue due to the med changes that have affected my disability.

I need help to get my proper medications and to help my daughter to make sure we have a place to live.

I work only 12 hours due to being denied disability. I was working about 25 hours a week until then.

While it was hard I tried so I could help pay my way while living with my daughter.

I am very scared that she will kick me out due to my decrease in hours. She has told me she wouldn't because we just need to make it over the hurdle.

I know that she wouldn't just kick me out leaving me with nowhere to live. I'm still scared though because I think that if it was someone other than my own daughter, they would since I couldn't pay my way.

I need help with getting my medicine whether it is a grant or some kind of benefit.

Maybe even an SSI lawyer would help. I did have one with me but she wanted me to pull my request and restart the process all over again.

It would help with getting consoling for my depression and even if there is a consoling session for severe pain.

Click here to post comments

Return to US Texas.