Header for Ability Mission

Disabled Man Seeks Disability Grant Money For Vehicle and Major Dental Work

by Dan
(Sacramento, California, USA)

I am a 47-year-old male who's on disability. Four years ago I bought a used car from a car dealer who has since gone out of business or has moved.

The car I bought had major issues that the dealer was supposed to have fixed. They masked the problems, and refused to fix it once driven off the lot.

The car didn't qualify for the government's cash for clunkers because I couldn't afford a new car, and the state's program to buy non-smog-passable cars has been temporarily suspended.

According to the smog guy, he tweaked the test results by doing something to the car; however, it has issues with the engine and transmission, electrical starter wipers, heater, exhaust etc.

It's a big gamble to go to the store to pay bills once a month. I saved for five years and got taken. I get $868 per month. After bills and groceries I have about $68 left.

I can't find a used car because dealers don't like people whose income is SSI/SSDI.

This car is my lifeline to the outside world. I only leave my apartment one day a month because I can't risk it, nor can I afford public transportation.

I have allowed half of my teeth to fall out because I can't afford a dentist and my health has suffered because of the infections, because the car is a priority for bills and food.

But even my diet has changed because I can't eat a lot of normal food. I can't chew it. If I could get a decent used car, then I could make payments toward a dentist.

Any help towards a used car means a lot to me and I want to say thank you for reading this. Any help from a dime or dollar all adds up. Thank you!

Comments for Disabled Man Seeks Disability Grant Money For Vehicle and Major Dental Work

Average Rating starstarstarstarstar

Click here to add your own comments

Mar 08, 2010
Check with Social Security
by: Anonymous

Hi, I'm like you? on Social Security. I was able to get some extra help because of my low income. You may be able to get a little more back on any medication you take or any amount you pay Medicare. Please call Social Security. GOD BLESS AND BEST OF LUCK.

Click here to add your own comments

Return to US California.